Wednesday 13 May 2009

Just a quick one before I head off to the Great Escape Festival in Brighton (the two bands I want to see are playing at the same time! typical! and I'm awful when faced with a choice!). Again, this is just a file I had lying around on my pc, nothing special, but it's something at least! It's still unfinished (I think) and I probally intended it to be lyrics but it probally works better as just poetry, or maybe not... Until Sunday then

Cocaine Ali

Monday morning
Washed out dreams
Sky is falling
Tell me what you’ve seen

Broken spirits
Dropped from on high
As your hopes and fears
Drift on by

Shattered memories
Crooked smiles
You’ll be fine
Wait a while

Take my body
Take my soul
Forget all I’ve ever known
Blinded eyes help me see
She’s where I always want to be

Cocaine Ali
You cant save me now

Dead end streets
Night kills day
Futures wasted
I can’t stay away

Sweet embrace
Oh it keeps me warm
Choking blanket
Senses torn

No comments:

Post a Comment